All Union Fellows of the AGU, including those being awarded conferred fellowship - Macelwane and Ambassador Awardees - are members of the AGU College of Fellows (CoF). The CoF has been organized to provide a venue where Fellows can contribute to the AGU and to society through specific activities; participation is by choice. The mission of the AGU College of Fellows is to foster excellence, integrity, and interdisciplinary collaboration in the Earth and space sciences, provide expert and strategic advice to AGU on global scientific issues, and support the professional development and engagement of scientists at all career stages and from all backgrounds.
The current areas of focus for the College of Fellows are on the following projects and activities:
- Presenting engaging topics and panels using Town Halls during Fall Meeting
- Creating mentoring connections between Fellows and student and/or early-career scientists
- Developing mechanics for creating a distinguished traveling speaker series
- Creating activities and projects that engage the entire College of Fellows in celebrating AGU’s Centennial
- Generating ideas that will shape the future of AGU, our science, and its impact on society