- The nominee must be within 10 years of receiving their Ph.D. or highest equivalent terminal degree, as of 1 January 2021 (we have elected to give a year of grace in recognition of the pandemic).
- If the nominees are a team, the team lead must be an early career scientist within 10 years of receiving their Ph.D. or the highest equivalent terminal degree as of 1 January 2021 (we have elected to give a year of grace in recognition of the pandemic).
- The nominee is not required to be an active AGU member.
- Nominators are required to hold an active AGU membership.
- While self-nominations are not permitted, we encourage individuals interested in being nominated for this honor to contract the Education Section Canvassing Committee Chair (Tanya Furman,firstname.lastname@example.org) for advice on how and when to identify a potential nominator.
Nominations are submitted through the AGU Honors and Recognition online system.
Nominations for the 2023 Dorothy LaLonde Stout Lecture are closed.
Nominations for the 2024 Dorothy LaLonde Stout Lecture will open in January 2024.
Nomination packages should include the following four documents:
- nomination letter
- curriculum vitae
- examples and descriptions of education and/or outreach efforts
Each document in the nomination package should be no more than two pages in length per document. Hyper-links in submitted documents are allowed and may enable greater access to information on the nominee’s contributions and impact. The examples and descriptions document should help illustrate and provide evidence of a nominee's outstanding contributions to Earth and space science education and/or outreach. There are many ways in which a nominee may make outstanding contributions to education and/or public outreach (e.g., teaching, mentoring, scholarly work and education research. community building efforts, widespread curriculum adoption, etc). Providing evidence for not only what a nominee does, but descriptions of why and how they approach their work is useful to include.
Please submit your Stout Lecture inquiries to Kristen St John, President, AGU Education Section (email@example.com) or Tanya Furman, Canvassing Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).