The June 2021 newsletter for the AGU Education Section is now online! You may find it in PDF format and on Connect by visiting https://connect.agu.org/education/resources/newsletters (the most recent issue, June 2021, is at the top).
The AGU Education Section is leading the 2021 Honor an Educator campaign. Honor the awesomeness of your favorite educator by putting smiles on everyone’s faces through the campaign! Smile #1: That amazing teacher, professor, and/or mentor gets a certificate acknowledging their positive impact on your life. Smile #2: Your gratitude towards that awesome educator makes the world a better place. Smile #3: The gift you provide to the AGU Education Section through this fundraising campaign helps the Section have a positive impact on the next generation of Earth and space science educators at the same time. Funds will be used to defray the cost of attending the Fall Meeting for K-12 educators.
Additional topics in the June 2021 newsletter include:
Read more here and have a most excellent June!
- online dendrochronology labs for undergraduate students
- a risk management workshop to help field scientists build a positive and safer experience for their field teams
- inclusive teaching practices and a conceptual framework on inclusion for secondary mathematics classrooms
- a chance to develop new curricular materials focused on investigation and design in life science, Earth science, and physical science
- a professional development program for current and aspiring diversity, equity, and inclusion leaders