View the 2018 Online Scientific Program to see all sessions, abstracts and events accepted for the 2018 Triennial Earth-Sun Summit.
All presenters MUST be registered to attend and present at the Triennial Earth-Sun Summit. Note that registered guests are not allowed in the poster hall; guest are not allowed in the scientific sessions. Only registered scientific attendees may enter the poster hall. Please have your meeting badge visible for the security guards at the entrance to the hall.
Poster Presenter Guidelines
Poster Presentation Hours
10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
3:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Lansdowne Ballroom C/D
Maximum Poster Dimensions: 45” x 45” (3.75 feet by 3.75 feet).
Each presenter will share a 8’W x 4’H posterboard.
Poster Requirements and Recommendations
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper.
- Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information.
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2 cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes, styles, and colors.
- When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) is more legible for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory.
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C; making it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
- Please do not laminate your poster to ensure that it can be recycled.
To locate your assigned poster board, note that the final three digits of your final paper number will be your board number. Each poster board will be marked with an individual number. For example, paper “101.002”, will have the board marked with “002”. The boards are numbered sequentially (001 – 155) from the beginning to the end of the hall.
- Posters should be set up as early as Monday, 21 May at 7:30 A.M. if possible.
- Posters must remain up for the entire week, is possible.
- Materials (i.e.push pins) will be available.
Posters MUST be removed by 6:00 P.M. on Thursday, 24 May. Posters remaining after this time will be removed and recycled.
The ePoster feature allows poster presenters to upload a PDF or image of their poster either prior to or post meeting as a supplement to and NOT a substitution for the actual poster presentation. This option is only open for poster presentations, and not any other session type.
Presenting authors of poster presentations have been provided with access to upload their ePosters via the individualized abstract notification sent on 21 March. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have this resent to you. The deadline to upload your ePoster is 31 May 2018.
Audio-Visual Equipment Needs
WiFi: Wireless Internet access is available in some areas of the Poster Hall. Your laptop must be equipped with a WiFi or wireless network card for PCs or an Airport card for Macs.