AGU Events App for AbSciCon
The app is your resource to navigate the AbSciCon program from your mobile device.
If you downloaded the AGU Events App for a previous meeting, you can add AbSciCon by navigating to the “More” menu and choosing “Load Another Meeting.”
If you have an Android Device that is not supported by the Google Play store, you can use the Mobile Web Version.
Browse and Search the Program
- Quickly access the full program, workshops, and events.
- Browse and filter by day, session type, and topic.
- Use time blocks in the schedule to browse morning or afternoon sessions by day and session type.
- Browse full-text abstracts.
- Search the comprehensive authors/chairs index.
Create Your Personal Agenda
- Already started a schedule in the online planner? Sync your schedule with the online planner using your AGU email and password.
- Build your schedule and add personal meetings/events to complete your customized agenda.
- Tap the calendar icon or press and hold an event to add it to your schedule.
- Helpful Information section with important details about meeting services.
- Access maps of the hotel meeting space and poster hall.
- Take notes and share them via email.
- Find and message other logged-in attendees.
- Receive alerts for important updates while on site at the meeting.
- Work offline! Search and browse sessions and build your schedule without an Internet connection. Some features, like itinerary login, Twitter feed, and other web links, require Internet connection.
- Narrow your search by excluding keywords using a minus (-) sign.
- Look for a precise match by using quotes (“ ”) around search terms.
- Press “Find More” to view additional results, if any.
- Collapse results sections (e.g., Program, Authors, and Innovations) you are not interested in by tapping/clicking the collapse icon.
Android Operating System Users:
- In order to set up the app, the Android operating system will require you to accept location tracking to proceed. However, once the app has been set up, you can disable tracking, and it will not affect the core functionality of the app. If you choose to NOT allow the app to access your location, and would like to turn off this feature, please complete the following steps:
- Go into your Android Settings
- Tap Connections.
- Find “Location” and make sure slider/button is turned to off.
- You are now able to use the app without the location services feature.
When you first open the app, you will be asked if the app can track your location. This functionality is not required to use the app.