SIPS Outstanding Student Presentation Award (OSPA) coordinators are needed for Fall Meeting 2019
The Outstanding Student Presentation Award (OSPA) program helps students gain valuable feedback about their presentation skills and scientific research. Each AGU Section relies on volunteer coordinators to help encourage volunteers to participate as judges and help select OSPA winners. The time commitment is about 0.5-1 hour per week starting in November through mid-January.
SIPS OSPA coordinator duties include:
- Manage the effort to secure judges for student presentations within Section
- Encourage judges to sign up via direct email, Section newsletters, websites, or other communications
- Assist OSPA liaisons in recruiting judges
- Encourage judges to enter their scores by the deadline
- Participate in the selection of OSPA winners within Section
- Commit about 0.5-1 hour per week, starting in November 2019 through mid-January 2020.
Volunteers must be AGU members but do not have to attend Fall Meeting. Student members cannot volunteer as OSPA coordinators.#FallMeeting#AGU2019