Submission Site Now OPEN!
Deadline for Submissions: 15 November 2018, 11:59 PM ET
Instructions for Submissions
- Note that the Program Committee may decline to consider submissions that fall outside the scope of the meeting, or we may ask you to expand or modify your submission. There is a lot of flexibility given the way the meeting is designed, but it’s important to keep in mind the mission of our gathering.
- Given the cross-discipline nature of the meeting, we encourage using plain language and avoiding unnecessary technical complexity.
- LaTeX is supported. Special characters are also available in the submission management system.
- The submission title is limited to 300 characters and the text is limited to 600 words. Character limits include spacing, punctuation and LaTeX. Illustrations are also allowed.
- Poster presenters will have the opportunity to upload their ePoster on the GSS Meeting ePoster site prior to the meeting; details about how to upload ePosters will be distributed to poster presenters in December 2018.
- Submitters grant the meeting organizers permission to publish the submission in the meeting program and on the website, and a subsequent paper in a proceedings volume if the author is interested and the paper fits within the publication guidelines, which are to be determined.
- Membership in AGU or any of the co-sponsoring organizations is NOT required to contribute a submission or register for the meeting.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions a First Author can submit, however applicants are encouraged to check with the Program Committee if more than two are planned.
- The submitter will automatically be listed as the First and Presenting Author.
- The submitter is responsible for ensuring that all co-authors have agreed to be included.
- A flat fee of $45 (USD) will be charged for each submission.
- A flat fee of $25 (USD) will be charged for each student submission.
- The only method of payment accepted for submission fees is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- Fees for persons residing in qualifying Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries may be waived upon application.
- The submission fee is a non-refundableprocessing fee, and not based on approval of your submission or attendance.
- The submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. Registration will be open in October 2018.
- Do not withdraw a paid submission if edits are needed or to begin a new submission. Submissions may be edited at any time after submission and prior to the submission deadline. Refunds will not be issued for submissions that are withdrawn and resubmitted.
- In December 2018, notifications will be sent and the final program will be available online in January 2019.
- Submissions may not be edited after the “Call for Innovations” has closed.
Full Paper Specifications and the Proceedings Volume
Additional information on publication opportunities will be provided at a later date.