ESSI leadership positions are elected positions. Nominations are collected in the spring and elections take place during the summer.
President Position Description
Serves 2 years as President-elect, 2 as President, and 2 as past-President. During their term as President-elect and President they have a seat on the AGU council.
The ESSI President is Responsible for:
- Running the ESSI Executive committee meeting at the fall AGU meeting
- Helping to develop processes for filling the ESSI executive committee positions
- Ensuring that ESSI members have a seat on various AGU committees and task forces (e.g., program committee)
- Communicating AGU events, news, etc. to ESSI membership as appropriate
- Representing AGU in a variety of venues
Secretary position description
This position only serves a 2 year term but is a good way to find out how AGU and ESSI works and to assess whether AGU leadership is a good fit.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Documenting the annual ESSI Executive Committee meeting and any interim meetings
- Ensuring the ESSI website is updated
- See AGU’s official guidelines for more information on Section leadership roles and responsibilities.