Dear Geoscience and Society Summit Attendee,
On behalf of the Program Committee of the Geoscience and Society Summit
, we are very much looking forward to seeing you next week in Stockholm. As you prepare for the journey to Stockholm, we wanted to share some important details in advance.
Summit’s Mobile App and Program
Keeping with the meeting’s theme, we are striving to be as green as possible and will not have a printed program. We encourage you to download our mobile app
as your official guide to the Summit. The program is also accessible on the Summit’s website
.Download for iOSDownload for Android
The Summit will be held in the Geoscience building, located on the campus of Stockholm University, Frescati.
The physical address is: Geoscience Building, Campus Frescati Svante Arrhenius väg 8, SE-114 18 Stockholm
- By subway (underground/metro/tube) take the red line (T-bana) northbound direction to “Mörby Centrum” and get off at the station “Universitetet”. The journey takes about 10 minutes from the Central Station.
- By bus (numbers 40, 70, 540 and 670). Get off at ‘Universitetet norra’ for the Frescati campus. Tickets must be bought before travel.
- Additional directions to and around the campus can be found on online.
Registration - 2nd Floor Geoscience Building
On Monday, the registration desk will be open from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Please stop by to pick up your badge and stay for the opening reception. If you are unable to check-in on Monday, registration will open at 8:00 AM on Tuesday.
Idea Expo & Opening Reception – 3rd Floor Geoscience Building
Please join us on Monday (4:00-6:00 PM) on the 3rd floor of the Geoscience Building for the official opening of the Idea Expo. Welcome remarks will be made by the co-hosting organizations and hors d'oeuvre and refreshments will be provided.
The Idea Expo provides an opportunity for you to network, share ideas, and meet fellow attendees. Those who submitted innovations
will be giving poster presentations throughout the Expo and will be on hand to answer your questions.
Food and Beverage
A light breakfast (starting at 8:00 AM) and full lunch will be provided each day (Tuesday-Thursday). In addition, light refreshments will be served during the Idea Expo each evening (Tuesday-Wednesday)
The official hashtag for the summit is #GeoSS19—please remember to share your photos and ideas on social media throughout the week!
Information for Innovation Presenters:
- Poster presenters can set-up their posters starting at 3:00 PM on Monday in the Idea Expo. Poster board pins will be provided on-site. As a reminder, the poster guidance can be found here.
- Additional optional opportunities for presenters:
- ePosters - Upload a PDF version of your static poster either prior to or after the meeting as a supplement (additional information can be found here.)
- eLightning - Create an interactive, multimedia online poster with high-resolution images, detailed charts and diagrams, slide shows, high definition videos, audio files, links to external data sets, and as much content as you feel is necessary to present your research or project. A separate email with login instructions was sent to all Innovators, and the opportunity to create an eLightning poster will remain available after the Summit.
Please contact Judy Dalie (firstname.lastname@example.org)