Donald L. Turcotte Award
The Donald L. Turcotte Award is given annually to one honoree in recognition of outstanding dissertation research that contributes directly to nonlinear geophysics. The Turcotte awardee is required to deliver an invited talk on his/her dissertation topic at the AGU Fall Meeting.
Eligible candidates have completed the degree requirements for a Ph.D. (or highest equivalent terminal degree) up to 12 months prior to the nomination deadline (15 April 2016–15 April 2017).
Primary criteria for evaluation is the impact or potential impact of the research on the field of nonlinear geophysics.
- $200 monetary prize
- Award certificate
- Announcement in Eos
- Invitation to present a talk on the dissertation topic at the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year
- Recognition at the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year
2008 – 2017 Donald L. Turcotte Awards
- 2017 Prachanda Subedi, University of Delaware
- 2016 Yavor Kamer, ETH Zurich
- 2015 Jezabel Curbelo, Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon
- 2015 Behzad Ghanbarian-Alavijeh, University of Texas, Austin
- 2014 Woosok Moon
- 2013 Jonathan Donges
- 2012 Asim Biswas
- 2011 Ian Grooms
- 2010 Sabine Lennartz
- 2009 Jerome A. Neufeld
- 2008 Irina Rypina